This training will inform nutrition educators about the most effective approaches to nutrition education based on current literature, in order to develop the skills and plans necessary to implement these approaches. There are nutrition education tools and approaches available to public health professionals that can be used to improve the nutrition of families. The course will demonstrate some of those tools and approaches and provide examples of agencies already operating to provide effective nutrition education.
Teachers will learn strategies to make nutrition education more meaningful and effective in their communities.
- Identify and compare different nutrition education techniques.
- Identify the most effective educational approaches based on research findings.
- Describe recommendations for nutrition education
- Advance your skill-set and develop practical and theoretical knowledge as an educator while you gain the skills to design and analyze course curriculum in your field of expertise.
- Enhance your knowledge of learning principles and learning styles and how they relate to educational design
- Creation of an integrated methodology enforcing positive values in nutrition education and healthy alimentation habits .
- Implementation of hands on methodology for nutrition education with schoolchildren from 5 to 18 years old, featuring the use of new technologies.
- Nutrition education applied to the promotion of positive educational values through the practice of sport.
- Enhance student’s mental, emotional, physical, and social development through a well-defined curriculum
Country of destination: Spain
Place: Bilbao (Basque Country)
Language : English
Course Methodology :
Our courses, developed in the framework established by the Erasmus+ Programme, are crafted to include both formal and non-formal education methodologies. Starting with a theoretical approach to the theme of the course, we proceed with non-formal learning strategies in order to guarantee and stimulate an active contribution from the participants involved. In practice, we use: Presentations; Analysis of study cases; Discussions in the classroom; Role-plays; Technical visits to local private and public institutions; Conferences with local professionals to exchange good practices; Job shadowing experiences; Workshops to rethink old practices and introduce new ones.
Course Fee: Tuition €490 + 150 Organisational costs (Include full programme of and visits as described below