Country of destination: ICELAND
Place: Sao MIguel Island – Ponta Delgada
Dates: 26th Sept – 3rd Oct 2020 13-20 March 2021
17-24 April 2021 8-15 May 2021 5-12 June 2021
Language : English
Advance your skill-set and develop practical and theoretical knowledge as an educator while you gain the skills to design and analyze course curriculum in your field of expertise. Apply the principles of environmental education to create a customized project
- Plan, create and assess a pilot course with support from the instructor and your peers
- Creation of an integrated methodology enforcing positive values in environmental education .
- Implementation of hands on methodology for environmental education with schoolchildren from 5 to 18 years old
- Outdoor learning applied to the promotion of positive educational values through the practice of sport.
- Enhance student’s mental, emotional, physical, and social development through a well-defined curriculum
Course Methodology :
Our courses, developed in the framework established by the Erasmus+ Programme, are crafted to include both formal and non-formal education methodologies. Starting with a theoretical approach to the theme of the course, we proceed with non-formal learning strategies in order to guarantee and stimulate an active contribution from the participants involved. In practice, we use:
- Analysis of study cases
- Discussions and debates
- Technical visits to local private and public institutions
- Conferences with local professionals to exchange good practices
- Job shadowing experiences
- Workshops to rethink old practices and introduce new ones
Arrival day Picking up at the airport and transfer to the hotel – Presentation of the course
Day 1 : Hiking in Faial da Terra Salto do Prego
Day 2 : Historical and bothanical tour to Furnas
Day 3 Geological tour in Sete Cidades
Day 4 The beauty of the highlands – Environmental conservation and wellness
Day 5 Ribeira dos Caldeirões Highest biodiversity spot in Europe
Day 6 Transfer from the hotel to the airport and departure.
Tuition: 490 €
Organizational costs : 200 € (Include full programme of studies and visits as described above)
TOTAL: 690 €
- Canyoning in Noreste 60 €
- Whale watching Ponta Delgada 50 €
- To ensure efficient use of institutional resources, New Teaching Resources has established 8 participants as minimum class size.
- No type of deposit will be requested until one month before the course. If this is not done, the amount will be returned in full to the participant organization.
- To make your arrival safer, the organization will take care of the airport pick-up and transfer to the hotel or guest house.
- During the development of the activities, it will be mandatory to follow the safety and hygiene protocols set by the Portuguese health authority at that time.
- Course dates and agenda may vary depending on how the COVID-19 pandemic does, we advise not to buy tickets until the course deposit has been paid.
- The wild condition of San Miguel Island means that sometimes activities cannot be carried out as planned, the organization will develop a safer plan in this case for participants.
- The availability of accommodation in is very limited, we recommend pages as booking or airbnb to make your reservations. Moreover, we do encourage our participants to book as soon as possible choosing the free cancellation option.
- Despite Portugal being one of the 27 countries in which European Health Card is valid, we do recommend our participants to take private travel insurance .